With gas prices on the rise, communities near the metro are becoming more attractive to prospective buyers conscious about their commute. After all, it's no secret that living within walking distance to the metro can save money on gas and cut down on your commute depending on your destination. The good news is that we've done some of the leg work for you and below you will find just some of the communities within walking distance to the metro in MD and VA. Ditch the car and check out these homes which help you save on gas and shorten your commute!
Keep in mind that with recent volatility in the real estate market, there are quite a few condos that have gone the rental route. However as of this writing, the condos/townhomes listed below currently have new construction and/or resales on the market.
- Walking distance to the metro
- 1 BR- $250k-$311k
- 2BR- $385k-535k
- These units are situated right across the street from the metro in addition to being walking distance to the supermarket, bank, movies and the shopping center at the Boulevard.
- Walking distance to Morgan Blvd Metro and a short drive from Fedex Field
- 2BR/2BA-Starting from $299k
- 3BR/2BA-Starting from $330k-$356k
- Walking Distance to Branch Ave Metro
- Garage townhomes starting from mid $300ks
- The metro is situated right outside of the development and offers quick access to DC via 495, Branch Ave and Pennsylvania Ave.
- Walking distance to Silver Spring Metro
- Starting from $200k-$600k depending on unit and floor plan
- Shuttle to Van Dorn Metro
- Starting from upper $300ks
- Condos $315-540k
- Townhomes $599k-$850k
- 1 block from Clarendon Metro
- Starting from $mid $300s
- Walk to Courthouse Metro
- Resales starting in the $400s
- Walking distance to Rosslyn and Courthouse Metro
- Starting from $700k-$2 million
Keep in mind this list is in no way exhaustive and one should conduct further research to determine which home best fits their needs based on location, personal preference and finances. If you have questions and would like to discuss your strategy or perhaps borrow our free GPS machine to see one of these homes, give us a call!