Ready to make an offer? We have some ways to make this process pretty easy & painless. Here's what you have to do:
- Fill out & scan or fax back (to 1.877.329.3763 fax) our electronic signature form, which will allow us to stamp your signature & initials onto the contract. This step is optional, but our clients generally love it.
- Fill out & scan or fax back the buyer representation agreement. You can find it here, and here are details on what it means, and why it's important.
- Decide on the terms of your offer. We'll help you with this, so don't feel like you need to have all the answers off the bat! Together, we'll need to figure out:
- The full name of the people making the offer (i.e., you & your spouse, if applicable)
- The price you want to offer
- How much of a down payment you want to make (i.e., 80% financed, 20% down payment)
- If you're asking for a seller subsidy (also called "seller credit"), how much?
- What kind of financing you're planning on getting (i.e., "conventional" or "FHA")
- How much earnest money you want to put down (this money secures the contract)
- When you want to settle on the home (your "closing date")
- What settlement company you want (we can recommend some agents we trust)
- What contingencies you want, including:
- Financing contingency
- Home inspection / radon contingency
- Appraisal contingency, and for how long (this applies to conventional financing only)
- Termite inspection? Who pays - buyer or seller? (cost is around $30)
- Is this a primary residence for you, or an investment?
- Home warranty? If so, paid by buyer or seller?
- For Maryland only: First-time home buyer?
- Any other terms?
We will help you figure all of this out, so don't panic! This list is just a guide to help you.
You will also need to write a check for your earnest money amount out to the settlement agent and send us a copy (scan or fax).
Lastly, we'll need to get an approval letter from a lender. If you already have one, please send it to us. If you don't, we can recommend some lenders who can qualify you in about 30 minutes.